IF EVER I HAD THOUGHT

I open my eyes in my small, cosy nest, Only to hear the voices asking me to rest, I ask "Why"?, After all, I have the prowess to fly! "Fly?" echoed the voices again, And my request was all in vain, So there I lay in my nest all day, And see little birds like me fly and play! They told me it was danger around, I couldn't feel any, so my heart would pound, I wanted to fly, and strengthen my wings, And search around for life's pretty things. Alas! My wish wasn't heard, I was left an enclosed, wingless bird. But the desire to fly in my heart remained, And I grew up to be shy and tamed! One fine day, sitting on the wall, I saw a dream, there was a squall, It blew so strong, it blew so rough, It swept me away, to a place far off. I open my eyes, no longer in my nest, Oh! I think, has life put me to some test? I search for my kith, I search for my kin, Alone I stand, with no flying whim! How do I fly, for my wings are weak, They have never fluttered, and the weather is bleak. I remember the saying about the "will and the way," And I try to flap, wanting to sway. Amazed I was, 'coz I did sway by, My life's first flight, went high and high! Withered away my memories from the past, I wished this journey could never last! Ah! To my surprise the excursion got tiring soon, The wandering tires me, despite all its boon! Now I long for my nest, and yearn for my kin, But continue my flight through thick and thin! If ever I had thought that weak wings were better, If ever I had thought that my nest was the best shelter, If ever I had thought that low trees were better than zenith I would never have dreamt, I would never have "done it"!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Gorilla Mind is Storming TikTok, Twitter And Internet. The Absolute Truth About Gorilla Mind And What You Should Know Before Trying Their Supplements

Everything You Should Know Before Watching 'Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning, Part One'

Deepbrain AI Studio: The Future of Video Production with the Best AI Video Generator in the Market ?